Voluntary Medical Male Circumcision (VMMC) Training
This course covers the theoretical overview of the circumcision programme, which is essentially the backbone around which the surgical intervention is focused. The course includes a detailed review of HIV prevention in Africa, the anatomy and physiology required to perform a safe surgical circumcision and a review of the procedure using the dorsal slit method, a World Health Organization (WHO) approved circumcision method.
Device (cellphone, tablet, laptop, and/or desktop.
Accessing the course materials and recorded lectures online is free as the Knowledge Hub has been zero rated. An initial internet connection is required to connect to the KH.
The VMMC training has the 10 modules as follows:
- Introduction to Voluntary Medical Male Circumcision
- Before the Procedure: Facilities and supplies
- Medical Procedure for Adults and Adolescents
- Post Procedure Care
- Management of Adverse Events
- Infection Prevention and Control.
- Continuous Quality Insurance
- Demand Generation
- Data Management and Recording
- Empower participants with the knowledge needed to establish or improve infection prevention practices at their health facilities.
- To ensure the provision of high quality, standardised VMMC training.
- Capacity building in collaboration with the Regional Training Centres (RTC).
- To provide mentoring and support in addition to skills acquisition, to ensure competency.
31 December 2023 - 12:00 pm